Friday, August 29, 2008

Gencon!

OMG gencon was awesome this year! I got to meet RA Salvatore and he signed my books! Terence was oh such a good mate and stood in line for me for over an HOUR!!! while I was at a seminar so I could get an advance copy of one of Salvatore's new books :D I love my Terence, he's so good! The new book that I got is called The Reader's Guide to Drizzt Do'Urden and it's signed by RA and his editor. We also got books signed by Ed Greenwood and some lady he's writing a book with.

Terence took a terrain building class and loved it! He wants to make a little city to put all our miniatures we bought in lol. It should be nifty to see what he learned put to use. I took a painting class on how to paint wood and stone realistically. Was very interesting to see and the stone painting example was very appealing to me. I'll probably use the idea lots when decorating my minis.

We also went to a video games live concert while in Indianapolis. It was very neat to hear some of our favourite music come to life. The Final Fantasy segment on piano and the sephiroth music was my favourite parts. The metal gear solid skit was pretty funny too, Tommy Telerico scooting along in a cardboard box will stay in my mind and make me giggle for a long time ehehehe.

Some of the goodies we got are: a new painting, two battlehives, a chainmaille dice bag, metal dice, paths card game, and a bunch of little stuff (dice, books, buttons, etc.)

No comments:

Google