Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Strawberries! AND OMG HE'S GONNA BE THERE!!!

I picked up some strawberry plants at Timbermax on Sunday and potted them. I put one in the ground just to see how he does. I hope it warms up soon (the weather network says 25C around mom's bday (june 1), so it should stop freezing at night by that point...) as I'd like to be able to stop moving my plants in and out. The temp on my deck this morning at 9 was 3.6C (brrrrr) so I decided to wait until lunch time to move the plants out.

The hibiscus looks like it's going to be ok so far. Two days out of the water and it's still nice and perky. I'll give it a week or two and then give it to the kiddo. The transplant for the wandering jew looks like it took as well, although it might take a bit longer to wilt as an adult plant. I took some cuttings just in case. If it roots, I'll plant it in the other hanging basket and put it in the office. The philodendron still hasn't rooted yet, neither has the grape ivy (slow as molasses in january...) They haven't died yet though, so I'm still optimistic.


And now for the big news....






R. A. Salvatore is going to BE AT GENCON!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited ehehee! They haven't released what time or day but it's been announced that he will be there and will be signing books with his son, Geno. They wrote a new book together and it looks really good! He'll be signing one of his other series which I think I'm going to order and read and then get him to sign and OMG I'M EXCITED!

No comments:

Google